Monday, October 29, 2012

Writing the Great American....Textbook or Nonfiction book

I am extremely excited about the possibility of one day writing a book, so this post struck a chord, especially since it's specific to academics.





 I'm saddened by the "wait for tenure" advice because that seems so far away right now. At the same time, I certainly wasn't expecting to have the patience and experience to take on anything that involved yet, or even in the next 10 years.

 I suppose it's good to know I'm on the right track: I'm writing articles and starting to write book reviews now, and hopefully will be ready do a longer feature in a year or so.

It's daunting how many things are going to happen in the next ten-ish years, but reassuring that they are happening at a pace I can handle: The real job, the real place to live, the seeds of a book, perhaps the seeds of a family(!), and (hopefully) tenure.

So when am I going to take my backpacking tour and get my mohawk? I don't want to ever call myself a grownup, even though I have mostly acted like one since I was 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment